There are a lot of fad diets that all claim to be able to help you lose belly fat. The reality is that only exercise and an improved diet will help you to trim your belly down and help you improve your health. If your belly is the area that most concerns you, then you can certainly use a few targeted steps to help you lose 20 pounds quickly from your midsection.
If your belly has 20 pounds of fat to lose then all of the crunches in the world aren’t going to do much in the way of helping you to get rid of that fat. They certainly can’t hurt, but your best bet is to focus on muscle building aerobic exercises that will burn off calories from your entire body, including your belly.
Combine your aerobic workouts with weight training and other strength training workouts. This combination has proven to be more effective at burning abdominal fat and help you to lose 20 pounds a lot faster than aerobic exercise alone.
Keep a food diary to track how much food you are eating, consider tracking your eating habits prior to trying to lose 20 pounds so that you can be acutely aware of just how many calories you are eating every day. It may surprise you to learn just how much you are really eating. Your food diary will also help you to be able to better understand how many calories you need to cut out of your diet in order to see any weight loss.
Be sure to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and switch out the refined grains you have been eating for whole grain options. Heart healthy and filled with more fiber than other food choices, these types of foods can help you to lose 20 pounds quickly by changing your blood glucose levels.
The Importance of a Routine to Lose 20 Pounds
Humans are creatures are habit and routine, which is why our hectic lifestyles can often lead to unhealthy eating habits and weight gain. For someone who needs to lose 20 pounds, it is very important to establish a good routine in order to train your body to lose the weight you need to lose. So how can you do that? How can you adjust your routine, or establish a routine that supports your healthy lifestyle?
- Get plenty of rest at night, at least 7 hours if you can. This will give your body the energy it needs to take on your day.
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day, getting up early and going to bed at a reasonable time will help you to establish a good routine and ensure you have plenty of hours in your day to achieve your fitness goals.
- Eat breakfast, every day. Even if you are not particularly hungry, then you should at least ensure you have a piece of fruit to fuel your body. Eating breakfast is an important part of any weight loss routine.
- Eat your lunch and dinner at approximately the same time every day, so that you can ensure your body is not left starving between meals. When your body is allowed to go too long between meals, you’ll find it a lot harder to stave off hunger, and find yourself reaching for the unhealthy snacks.
- Try to hit the gym or get your workouts in at the same time so that you have less of an excuse to skip your workouts.
It can certainly be difficult to get yourself into a good routine, but the sooner that you establish your routine, you’ll be able to find yourself able to lose 20 pounds quickly, a lot quicker than if you were to try to fit your fitness goals into your current routine.